Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is Everything Forever??

Do you ever sit and wonder about forever? This church speaks a lot about things that are eternal. Families are forever, marraige is forever, etc. The fact that all these things are "forever" got me to thinking...is my attitude eternal? Will the attitude I form here on earth be taken with me when I go? Wow...I've never had such a good reason for an attitude adjustment. Lately I have noticed a lot of talks, classes, broadcasts, handouts and such all speaking the same message to me. Get over your whining, get off your bum, and make a difference in someone's life. Is thre any sacrifice really too great to make for this gospel? If I just consider all that He sacrificed for me, consider all that He has done and will do, how could anything be too much? Sometimes I feel like I just don't have anything left to give. I'm a mom, I hold down my calling, I support my spouse, I live the gospel to the best of my ability, isn't that enough? I mean, after a day of school, kids, dishes, housework, taxi-driver, and occasional home-work helper, I am spent. I have no desire to call the people I should VT and see how they are. I wonder if I am the only one who feels...spent. It got me to thinking...what if I take these ideas with me when I go? If I'm not doing enough here, will I do enough there?? Will I aid in bringing up the kingdom of God, or will I just be a speed bump? These are the things I think about late t night while Jayson is doing homework...sorry for the odd blog.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my heck...you are definately not the only one. But you must read a talk from the May Ensign. 'Daughters of God' (I think it was given my Russel Ballard?) Anyway, it's a must-read. Do it now...now...ok now. And could you tell me...where's my traaaaactor?